TF-CS-011 - Engineering specification of site acceptance test and design of test equipment
During his previous employment with Ross Shire Engineering, Jacek Gajewicz was pivotally involved in the design, engineering and manufacturing of a specialised pipe production machine. To complete the delivery of the machine, a site acceptance test was to be conducted to prove machine's performance.
Tech Frontier Ltd were contracted to design a site acceptance procedure, complete with necessary equipment. The purpose of the procedure was proof of the specified push force in a static load test.
- Geometry to suit existing machine
- 75t Load bearing and measuring capacity
- Site acceptance procedure for static load test
Engineering Design Process
- 3D CAD modelling
- Specification of suitable load cells
- Finite element analysis of the test equipment
- Finite element analysis of machine components in contact with the test rig
- Technical documentation outlining test procedure
- Engineering drawings for the equipment
These deliverables allowed the client to procure and manufacture the test rig, as well as carry out the site acceptance test. As a result, a successful delivery of this £700k+ project was concluded.
Tech Frontier Ltd have the skill and experience, to successfully deliver high value machine design projects both in support engineering role, as well as design lead and project engineering.